Welcome everyone to my blog! I'll use this virtual space to post stories, photos, and thoughts about my experience in Cebu City, the Philippines...once I've figured out how the blog works, exactly. This will be my primary means of updating friends and family at home and overseas. I also hope you all will keep in touch by e-mail, but if not, don't you fret - most of my travel experiences will be discussed here. This will hopefully keep me from sending out those rambling e-mails-from-abroad that are immensely meaningful to the author but more of an annoyance to the reader. Thanks to you all for your support, prayers, and well-wishes, you honestly make this possible. I'd love to hear from all of you over the next six months, so please respond to my posts, send me e-mails, write letters, send smoke signals, invest in a carrier pigeon or two - don't be a stranger!
Much love and many blessings,
Kelly
That Island to the Left
More than you ever wanted to know about Kelly's six months in Cebu - guaranteed! Photos, stories, and general prattle about one expat's life in the Philippines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad that you used a different background than mine and Tracy's blogs--it shows an ability to think for yourself, and you definitely shouldn't be influenced by those above you in command! (And to my credit, I chose the background before Tracy.) But anyways, know that I look forward to hearing all of your wonderful (and surely hilarious) stories and seeing pictures! I'll check back often. I am praying for you!
Hello dear brother,
First, it's nice to know that you are still alive. Those terrorists haven't won the battle yet! A reminder to not tie your shoes in a public place. Just keep on walking at a fast, steady pace. Do not be ashamed of running. I hear you get places faster and safer that way. Second, why a blog? I have no idea what a blog is? Better yet, I had to sign i and make an account. I have no idea what my password is or my new google address is. Could you please address the background on your blog thingy? Let's make it more festive. Remember we are celebrating your life, no matter how short it might be. Just kidding. For real, we have talked about you coming back safely. In fact you promised. So if i need to write on this dumb blog thing in order for you to come back safely, so be it. It's a burden I will bear. And besides, its not like you are doing anything important over there like saving the world...or are you??? Another thing - let's add some music to this thing. Some barry white perhaps.
Love you very much and counting down your arrival which is a very long countdown.
MolLEY
This is too cool!! I look forward to hearing from you regularly thanks to this! I've passed it on to lots of other people too:-)! Lots of love, Mom
PS...I miss u!!
Great blog, please keep us updated. I'm sending the Va Tech and Maryland games via DVD in the next few days.
Love, dad
Well your Mom passed your blog onto San Antonio Texas and we are going to add you to our prayer list. Keep safe. How exciting your pictures were fabulous! I cannot wait to follow your journey. My journey too since I have never done a blog. May God Bless you! Love your cousin Wendy
Post a Comment